Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dorm Ideas

I moving into my dorm in less than two months and I'm starting to get the last minute items together. I have a lot of things planed out, but here are a few of the things that I have bought already.
This is the Dena Home "Annabelle" Bedding. I got the comforter and the pillow sham . I love the bed skirt, but sadly it is too small for dorm bedding. Dena Home makes tons of cute bedding sets. I would highly recommend them. You can purchase them at nordstroms.com Here's the link for the bedding:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dena-home-annabelle-comforter/3429706


I got these sheets from PB Teen a few weeks ago. These aren't mine, I got pink embroidery instead of green. I had mine moonogrammed, but you can tons of personilaztion choices to choose from when you checkout. You can also use choose different fonts! These sheets come with two pillow cases (pictured below). They can also be monogrammed along the opening of the pillow case. I beileve that these sheets are still on sale,  and you get a discount if you use your college email address to order them. 



This is the Keruig Mini coffee maker. It is made special for offices and dorms so that it doesn't take up much space. It comes in many different colors, but I chose pink (the yellow is adorable too!). It fits a regular sized travel mug so you can still make your coffee and then run to class in the morning. 
My dorm room comes with a desk hutch so I got four of these boxes to store all of my makeup, hair accessories and irons. They are perfect size for curling irons, blow dryers and flat irons. You will soon learn that I am a makeup junkie, so I plan on storing all of my makeup in these boxes. They come two in a pack and they are really cheap. They also come in lots of different sizes so you can pick the right size for you.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00224279/#/20224283


This was not a purchase but I made it! This is my dorm chair cover that I made a few weeks ago. It is on a foldable chair in the picture, so it doesn't fit perfectly since it was made using the dorm chair measurments. I really want to show y'all how to make this because it is so expensive to buy those dorm chair covers from Dorm Sweet Dorm and Decor 2 Ur Door. This cost me about $14.00 to make and it was really simple if you know how to work a sewing machine.


This is all the "fancy" stuff that I have for my dorm so far. My mom and I got all the regular stuff like laundry detergent and an iron so I won't put all of that on here. There is still a lot to do in preparation for move in day, so I'll let y'all know what else I buy in order to make my dorm amazing. 

xoxo,
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment